Sunday, December 20, 2009

Quick Tip: Getting your layout laid out just SO


When I'm laying out all the pieces for a new layout, once I get everything right where I want it, I make light pencil marks on the background paper around the corners of the photos, patterned paper or whatever pieces I am putting on the layout. This saves me time getting everything back where I want it when I add the adhesive and keeps me from needing to use my ruler... a win, win! Once everything is glued in place, I just erase my marks.

Here is my take on the sketch this month. The people in my focal photo are small... and I didn't want them to get lost on an end so I stretched the sketch out on either side of them. I added an extra mat and bumped the photo up just a little to give it extra weight. All of the DC Christmas decorations are similar in scale, so breaking them up on either side also helps point to the focal photo.

thanks for stopping by,
erin

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Thanks for the tip Erin...I just used it and it saved me a LOT of time! I also am really appreciating your tip on using leftover chipboard to "pop up" my elements - awesome!

Hope you guys are enjoying the snow!