Sunday, August 10, 2008

Design and Measurements for "Rough Water" amd "Blossom" layout

I am so inspired when I get requests from so many of you asking for the instructions/design measurements for my layouts. In the middle of this post is a design diagram to help when you recreate these layouts with your own photos. The diagram that I have drawn is not to scale, so use the photos of the layouts as guidance on proportion. The sketch is to help you determine the measurements and concept behind the design. For the July DT "Rough Water" layout, all the circles are cut at 3.5 inches in diameter except for the middle circle that spans across both pages. It is 4 inches in diameter. I sanded the edges of the circle cuts just a bit, applied Zig two-way liquid glue to the edges and across the bottoms of the photos and sprinkled them with the new Doodlebug Sugared glitter in the green, blue, and purple to coordinate with the crafter's workshop papers. Both of the rectangular photos are 4x6. The center glitter paper is cut in half (6"x12") and adhered 2.5 inches from the top of the background paper. And the rest is just adding borders, edges, ribbons, etc.
For "Blossom" the cuts are easier - the tough part is hand cutting all of those flowers! I used a Fiskars finger craft knife and my trusty quilting mat to cut those. The photos measure 5'' x 7" and two 3.5" x 3.5". Or you could use one 7"x 8.5". I rounded all the edges of the paper - even the white Bazzill "bling" background. I used Quick Quotes Pink Martini chalk ink on all the edges. And who says boys don't do pink!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Great stuff! I am in love with Doodlebug Sugared glitter. I must have bought every color Debbie had in the store!