Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another Idea to Play with Hambly


Love Erin's ideas for Hambly. I used the strip of two rows of circles to frame some of the action photos of my son boogie boarding. I printed a number of action shots in either 2" x 2" or 2" x 4" size and cut pieces of patterned paper in the same sizes. I then created a 4 inch strip of photos and papers for my page. The Hambly overlay was perfect to frame some of the action. I adhered the Hambly horiziontally down the center using a thin line of Zip Dry glue. Then I covered the glue with a strip of ric rac on top of the Hambly.

This technique is great for sporting events of kids as well - a great way to highlight a set of action photos where you just can't choose which one to use. I say, use them all, and then pick the very best one to enlarge for your focal point. I think I'll use this design again for my son's very first touchdown he made this morning. Go Nicky!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love how you made this paper totally work for a boy page. The circle around the title... are those dots made from brads? Very nice... and quite precise! :)

SharonVM said...

Yes, they are brads. I love to use them in circles on pages. I use the Fiskars circle template with its grid markings to mark the placement to keep them at the right distance.