Friday, August 8, 2008

August DT Kit - Initial Progress


I have just returned from a two week vacation and have been bombarded with a plethora of activity at work, the beginning of football season with five nights of practice for my two youngest sons and a new puppy (yes we finally gave in and got another lab!). I am way behind in working on the August DT kit put together by Nancy Palm. So this morning around 5:00 am, I got up with the puppy and set to work at the kitchen table (a shelf fell down in my scraproom while we were gone - my husband's installation several months ago was apparently flawed - so I have been forced out of there until I can find the time this weekend to clean up the mess!). Anyway, I captured a few pictures of my son's boogie boarding at the beach in this layout - It is not completed glued down yet - still need to add some brads, maybe a rub-on or two, journaling, title and the like, but you can see where I'm going with this. I wanted the focal picture to show his completed wild ride, with some of the action shots of other rides as supporting photos but not too distracting so I made them much smaller. The colorful American Craft papers highlight the colors in the board with the background (Bazzill cardstock) complimenting the water.


By the way - if you get a chance, jump over to my blog (link to the right of this screen) and check out my two new Basic Grey layouts I did while on vacation. "Hang Loose" was published Wednesday by Basic Grey - you can check it out under my name in the Designer Gallery on their website http://www.basicgrey.com/ , along with all the new papers scheduled to be released this fall, all of which you will find at Scrapbooks Plus in the coming months. (I am in LOVE with "Ambrosia" - can't wait to get it in at the end of this month!!)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to know someone so famous! ::wink:: I'll be sure to tell everyone I know.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished layout. I really like the way you "checkerboarded" the smaller images across both pages. That is an idea I plan to add to my repertoire!