Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Survival Kit

I had fun making this cute little project with our DT kit this month.  It is a "Winter Survival Kit".  Now that the temperatures are starting to drop, it seems timely!  It was really quite simple to put together.  I used my Cricut to cut a 'fry box'.
Here's a close up of the front with the layered medallion with vintage book print and a large snowflake (punched with a Martha Stewart punch) and topped off with a button, then accented with burgundy crinkle ribbon.  I also used a Martha border punch to create a snowflake border around the box (under the medallion and layered with more crinkle ribbon.
The contents were also decorated with the same punches, vintage book print and ribbon.  I measured a small tissue pack and created a box with a flap to cover it.  Also included a chap stick lip balm and gourmet hot cocoa mix.  This would also be a fun little 'pick me up gift' for a good friend with a cold- it is that time of year!  I also plan to use this same method for party favors this year for my kids' birthday parties-- create a few themed goodies (not tissues and lip balm!) and put them in a fry box.  Super cute, quick and easy!!  I hope this inspires you to create a fun project with your scrapbook supplies!

No comments: