Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas






























Okay, I admit that the child in the picture is too little to be dreaming of a white Christmas, but the colors were perfect for this picture.  With a few simple techniques this picture shimmers like Christmas. 

I started with the Silver Valley paper for background and for the main decorations for the pictures.

I triple matted the 5” x 7” picture using two Snowed In and one Silver Valley (plaid side).  I rounded the corners of all three mats.

Using the technique we all learned in kindergarten, I cut out all  the snowflakes & the small tree from another piece of  Silver Valley. After decorating the tree, I affixed the snowflakes and the tree to the background with pop dots so they standout. 

I make a scallop tag out of white chipboard.  I put the name and year on the tag with silver ink and then used a narrower blue pen to reflect the blues and greys in the paper.  It still looked a little plain, so  I decided to add a little glimmer so  I tried a new technique.  I “inked” the edges of the tag with VersaMark and then embossed it using Zing Silver.  It gave it a little silver without overdoing it.  I affixed it to the page with a snowflake brad.

In addition to the embellishments created from the Silver Valley paper, I used two chipboard snowflakes.  I painted them with white paint and then added a coat of Chandelier Glimmer Glam to make them shimmer.  Another snowflake brad and two stickers saying Winter Wonderland” and “Dreaming of a White Christmas” completed the page. 

No comments: