Sunday, January 8, 2012

January’s paper choice is very versatile. It can be used for much more than Christmas and winter layouts! For this layout, I used the Mountain Trail and Lodge papers. Taking a .50” circle punch to the outside edge of the Mountain Trail paper in 1” increments will give you a nice postage stamp edge. To do this, mark your paper every inch starting from the center of each side. Then take your circle punch and punch a half circle centered on each mark. The vintage photo effect is achieved with Ranger Crackle Accents and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I also used two Tim Holtz dies; Weathered Clock and Key & Lock. To give the lock & key an aged look, I used both chipboard and a page from an old book. I then glued both pieces together, distressed them and finished off with Ranger Glossy Accents. The clock was cut out of Ranger Foil Tape Sheets and colored with Ranger Alcohol Inks. I plan on framing this in a shadow box frame and giving it to my mom for display so she can always remember this special time in her parents’ lives!