Friday, January 6, 2012

Snow Day



When I saw these papers and started to think about what I wanted to scrap with them. I just kept thinking of all the things we like to do on a snow day.

We love to play outside until we are sooo cold and then come in and warm up with hot coco.

We like to make our favorite breakfast casserole and play board games while it bakes.


There are so many warm family memories made on spontaneous snow days.
I decided to make a layout with journaling about all of the different things we do on snow days.

Since I didn't have any pictures of us on a particular snow day sitting around in our PJ's playing Uno I had to find another photo to help tell the story.

I took this photo of our house on one of our many snow days a few years ago. It turned out to be the perfect photo to help me tell my story.



I love the way the different blue papers come together in this layout. The textures, rich colors and patterns work together beautifully. The Snow Day foil title sticker went perfectly with these papers and this layout in particular.


I did my journaling on these little tags. I inked the edges lightly with blue ink. Then I attached different ribbons to each tag adding even more texture and dimension to my layout.

I never would have scrapped about this if I hadn't been inspired by this paper.

I'm happy I captured these memories for my scrapbook.

What inspires you to scrap?


No comments: