Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let it snow!

I'm so glad to be back on the Scrapbooks Plus Design Team for 2012!  I really love working with all the wonderful papers our designers come up with.  This month's papers were just so much fun!  This simple layout came together really quickly.  I loved using the Caroling perforated paper- it was one of my favorites!  This layout has 2 techniques that I was inspired to use from Tim Holtz.  The first is using the Shrink Plastic from Ranger.  I really love the way it works- and I use my Melting Pot (also from Ranger) to shrink the plastic using UTEE.  If you go onto Tim's website he has a whole video from his 12 Tags of Christmas showing how it is done.  I also used his On the Edge Snow Flurries die and some clear plastic to make a snowflake border.  I put some Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the edge to give it some pop.

Stop by and check out the DT wall.  The designers have done a great job- so much inspiration!  Also stop by on Thursdays to do the 12 Tags of Christmas with Deborah and learn how to make Tim's tags!

Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: