Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snowflakes everywhere!

 
I had a great time making this card. I layed out my Design Team paper scraps to create my background for my card and used the beautiful trim to come up with this simple card design.  What makes it special is the textured elements I added.  First, I embossed Tim Holtz Grungboard with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, pulled out my mini pinking edging scissors and then inked it to show off the embossing and edge.  I love pulling out these old tools I've had since I started scrapbooking many years ago and using them in fun ways, don't you!?  I punched the tag and used an old stamp from my stash to stamp 'let it snow...'.   The other unique textured element on my card is the chipboard snowflakes.  Here's how I gave them a snowy texture...
I simply covered them with slow-drying pigment ink (or you could use Versamark) by directly rubbing them on my ink pad.  I then covered them heavily with white embossing powder and heated with my heat gun.  I let it cool completely and repeated.  This gave it a thick, textured white surface... just like snow!  Pull out your scrap and stamping tools and have fun!

No comments: