Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cherish Precious Moments

Hi! My name is Erica Houghton. This is my first year on the Scrapbooks Plus DT and I’m excited about the opportunity to learn new techniques, improve my design skills and inspire you! I’ve been scrapbooking seriously for about six years. I enjoy scrapbooking pictures of family events, trips with my husband and anything else that strikes my fancy! I’d say my style is more shabby-chic with a contemporary, or trendy spin. I love making pretty pages. To me, scrapbooking is about using beautiful paper and embellishments to enhance my photos.

This month’s kit was challenging and fun. I loved the KaiserCraft paper – I’m definitely a girly girl. I used quite a few embellishments in addition to the ones provided in the DT kit; however, all of my items can be found at Scrapbooks Plus! This wedding layout of Tim and Steph was special for me. Tim was my husband’s college roommate and also the person who introduced me to my wonderful husband. I loved using such beautiful paper and embellishments to help document such a special event.
Products: Swirly: Prima Say It In Pearls; Flowers: Petaloo; Lace Corners: Anna Griffin; Cherish Charm: Tim Holtz; Letters/Symbols: Thickers and Webster Pages; Ribbon: Scrapbooks Plus; Brads and Lace (generic brands) – for similar items at Scrapbooks Plus check out the brand new Graphic 45 ribbon pack for the lace and WeR for the brads.

I hope you enjoyed this layout! I’m looking forward to sharing many more with you over the course of the year. I’ll be posting my pages on the 8th, 16th and 25th of every month. Thanks 4 looking (T4L) and Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your blog and your page.

rcscrapper said...

Great blog and beautiful page! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Karen Bearse said...

Beautiful layout Erica-welcome to the team!