Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mistified



I'm back! Hi I'm Megan and this is my second year on the Design Team. For me scrapbooking is more than a hobby, its a way of life. I dress my kids in clothes that go with papers that I love and want to use. I'll even buy them new cloths if I have to. I plan activities for my family to do so I can take photos to use in my scrapbooks. I'd feel bad about that but my kids have so much fun that I look at it as a win win;) I actually had to join the yearbook committee at the elementary school so that everyone would stop looking at me funny for taking so many photos.

I believe that great products are important for good scrapbook pages and would like to thank Debbie for bringing these products to all of us. We are so lucky to have our store.

I also believe that great photography can tell a story better. And when it comes to telling the story you need to include journaling. This hobby has lead me to develop myself as a photographer and as a story teller. This year I am committed to learning some new computer skills. I'm not trying to become a Digi scrapper, I love the feel of paper too much. I just want to know how to use certain computer tricks to enhance my scrapbooking.

I joined the ScrapbooksPlus Design Team last year and have grown so much as a designer in the process. These girls have so much talent I can't help but be inspired. I am so excited about the new talent this year.



This layout was so much fun to create. I went no holds barred with my Glimmer Mist and Chalkboard Mist and the results are just beautiful!

I was misting and chalking away on the Birthday Girl background that I cut using my Silhouette and paper flowers I cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.

Once the flowers were dry I started layering them but I wasn't quite getting the look I wanted.

Then I remembered the class I took from Lisa Hausman several months back. In that class Lisa had us use a misted paper towel to cut out the shape for an element we used on the cover.

I looked down at the paper towel I had been using while misting
(If you have never misted before then this might not make sense to you.) I added a bit more Chalkboard in places and dried it using my heat gun. I cut some flowers out of the paper towel using the same Tattered Florals die.

I began layering the paper flowers with the paper towel flowers and loved the results. The Olive Vine Glimmer Mist and the Cotton Candy Chalkboard Mist worked so well together and with this paper line.

I had actually never used the chalk and mist together before. I have to say that I love the combination. If you have never misted don't be overwhelmed. There are several great tutorial on all of the Tattered Angels paint products on line. To check out a good one I found this morning click here. She goes into a lot of different techniques and I learned a few new things too. Be sure to check out part two by clicking here.

I did notice that she did not mention using a craft mat, only refers to it later in the demonstration. It is very important to use a craft mat. If you don't own one, GET ONE! They are wonderful. Nothing sticks. Everything come right off. Paint, ink, glue, everything. Even if you don't mist you need one of these mats. They are always in stock at the store but you might not notice them so just ask!

And as far as misting goes I have to tell you if you haven't done it you really, really, really should try it. There are a lot of new products coming out that you will want to mist. I heard Prima is coming out with a White line specifically for Glimmer Mist. Other companies are moving in that direction too. You know when you are looking for an embellishment in just the right color but can't find what you're looking for, well now you can make it yourself. I predict that misting is going to get really big, so big you can't ignore it anymore! Sort of like computers which is the whole reason I own one. I tried to ignore them but I couldn't and look, now I'm a blogger;)

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Of course I love it-you glimmer misted~ great job.