Friday, February 18, 2011

Have you used the Pagemap this month yet?

You have seen some of the posts from the other DT members using the kit this month from Kaiser Craft.  For my designs this month, I added glitter, rhinestones and stamps.  Our kit included adhesive backed canvas.  I have never used this before but fell in love with it!  It takes stamped images really well and holds the color and shape without getting fuzzy like some fabrics I've stamped on before. 
Here's a close up of the "Queen for a day" piece I used in my layout of a few of my daughter's princess pictures from Disney World.  I 'second generation' stamped the crown.  This is a stamping technique where you ink the stamp then stamp on scrap paper, then immediately stamp on your finished piece which gives you a much lighter shade.  I then used the same green ink and 'first generation' stamped the words.  I swiped the edges on the ink pad to define the canvas piece.  In the upper right you can see a portion of the flowers from the kit that I stamped a swirly stamp on to give it some excitement.  You can also see a close up of the glittered and rhinestoned chipboard crown in the bottom left of this close up.  This was a fun Pagemap (that I will definitely use again!) and I would encourage you to check out the Pagemap wall for inspiration!

No comments: