Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Greetings & A Ballerina Heart by Esther


Hi, My name is Esther McCullough and this is my third year to have the fortune of creating with the talented members of the ScrapbooksPlus Design Team. While I have been crafting and sewing most of my life, I started to really challenge myself to learn new things about the world of scrapping through this Design Team. My actual scrapbooking started about 18 years ago.

My style is really eclectic with use of glitter, shine and glitz. Starting with a solid color base, I like to let the pictures tell me how to select the other elements. I like two page layouts because you can get more pictures on the space. That can also be accomplished by shrinking pictures for one page.

Most of my cropping is done at home for convenience of having my supplies. It is hard to carry
all of them to a crop. When I attend a crop at ScrapbooksPlus, the atmosphere is very inspirational. Everyone shares ideas, tools and suggestions in a fun setting.


This layout is the use of one photograph on a cardstock from English Rose by KaiserCraft Scrapbooks Plus Design Team kit. A solid biege was used as the base for the layout with the single picture mounted on a more decorative design. Then embellishments were selected to compliment the feminine theme. A Basic Grey laser-cut paper doliy was used behind the picture and title by cutting parts to emphasis them. The title was computer printed in a darker rose on vellum with the corners rounded with the Chomper. Journaling was printed on vellum to complete this simple layout.The vellum was anchored with glue dots under flower accents. The chipboard heart was inked and embossed several times to get a high gloss and the center cutout was done in a contrasting color. The heart also anchors the vellum rectangles.

No comments: