Sunday, February 13, 2011

I-rock your next project!

Hi Laura Petruso here for a little bling-y fun!  This neat little tool is called an I-rock.  It isn't a new type of MP3 player, but a hot fix jewel setter.  Just add 3 AA batteries and set specially made rhinestones, crystals and pearls to paper, fabric or even furniture with just a touch.  You can find it at Scrapbooks-Plus on the wall near the punches.

It is super simple to use.  Place the rhinestone or crystal where you want it.  Press the button and the tool heats in seconds.  Press the metal tip of the I-rock on the top of the crystal for just a few seconds and the heat radiates through the crystal to melt the special glue underneath.  The reason I love this tool is that I can set my crystals out and move them around before committing to where I'm placing them.  With the traditional crystals, I have to decide before hand where they will go and once they are placed, they are stuck because of the sticky adhesive backing. 

With the I-rock, you can easily make designs and move your crystals around before making a final commitment to the placement.  Here I used the rhinestones (at the top by Love You & Me) and by I love you on the heart doily there are metal disks that are pink (sorry, hard to see the color in the photo!).  I haven't had an opportunity to do anything intricate yet with this tool but am really looking forward to it!  The designs with crystals that are pre-done are not only expensive but I don't like that the adhesive shows on the final project-- there is never a problem with that with an I-rock. The adhesive is invisible so all you see is the beauty of the crystal and your project!

Here's the completed project- my Valentine 'brown paper packages tied up with string!'.  Check out the I-rock today!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: