Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She's Simply Inspired

I am Megan Carey, one of the newest design team members for the ScrapbooksPlus Design Team. I find the design team projects so inspiring and I am very excited to be working with this group of talented women.
I live in Bristow, VA with my husband and 2 children.
I am an avid runner and have been for 17 years. I am currently training for the Shamrock Marathon in March. I am also interested in photography. I took Karen Russell's "Photographer's Workshop" last summer. I learned so much by taking her class and my photography has improved tremendously.
Ever since I was a little girl I have been interested in design in some way, shape or form. I pursued design in college earning my Bachelors Degree in Apparel Design from Virginia Tech. After my daughter was born in 2002 I traded in my dress designing days for scrapbooking. Since then scrapbooking has been my main creative outlet.
My favorite scrapbooking item would have to be paper, that is why I have a few thousand sheets of it and can't help but buy more. What type of designer am I, probably vintage. I like a layout to look like it has been looked at and touched for a hundred years just before I slip it into a page protector {ironic, huh?} My favorite thing to make would have to be a layout telling a story about one of my kids... you know, who they are not just where they have been or what they did. My biggest challenge in scrapbooking would be getting caught up. I love switching from a 12x12 layout to a project to a 2 page layout, whatever. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any great moment in there somewhere. My favorite color is pink, that is why I painted my design studio green... it makes all of the pink accents stand out that much more. As a matter of fact when I ask people what color is on the walls in my studio they always say pink. When I scrapbook, if I'm snacking, it has to be a Cherry Coke Zero and Peanut M&M's. I love to scrapbook at crops because I get so inspired by what everyone else is doing but mostly I scrapbook at home because all of my stuff is there and I get more done. My scrapbook wish list at the moment consists of all 100 plus colors of Glimmer Mist and a Silhouette. What is something I have always wanted to try, maybe buying all 100 plus colors of glimmer mist and a silhouette and seeing what my husband does!?! When I am scrapbooking I listen to the music on my blog {That is exactly why I made that playlist.} It is a mix of songs that really get my creative juices flowing. I follow several blogs; Heidi Swapp, Ali Edwards and Karen Russell to name a few. I find inspiration everywhere but honestly could not do without my Scrapbook Trends magazine. Oh, and if I were to write a book about scrapbooking the title would be "She's Simply Inspired." {of course}

5 comments:

Misty Rose said...

Hey Megan, so glad to see that you made the DT...Next time you are at the store or you have a chance get in touch with me...I have a Silhouette I want to get rid of :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Megan, I really enjoyed looking at your blog and seeing some of your previous work. I especially liked reading about the journey you have been on with regard to your photography as I think I am moving in that direction now, too. Congratulations on making the DT. I am looking forward to being inspired by you this year! Susie

Anonymous said...

Megan, Your design studio is beautiful and impressive! As someone who is struggling to set one up, I find it truly inspiring!! Can't wait to see your work.

Kate Sullivan

Robin Shakoor said...

Megan, Congratulations on being selected for the DT. I am looking forward to working with you.

Megan Smith said...

Hey Megan great studio I actually sent you an email as well I live pretty near you as I saw you live in Bristow in your other post. Anyway I was wondering in your studio picture your glass door cabinet is beautiful where did you get it? I cannot find anything like it. Feel free to shoot me an email or reply to the post fungal2269@gmail.com (I know funny email address) :)