Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dimension Without Bulk


One of my favorite things to do on my layouts is to sew. Whether it is on the sewing machine or by hand, I will find a place to sew somewhere. On this two page layout, using SEI Juliette paper, from ScrapbooksPlus, I sewed the sketch lines from flower to flower.
As you can see, I love to have dimension on my pages. But if the paper is too busy you only need to add a little. For this layout I used threaded buttons for flower centers and clear bling for the bubble bees eyes.
To add a little more dimension but with no bulk, you can trim around the flowers as I did next to the photos of my son and granddaughter. Sewing, adding buttons and/or bling, just makes the page pop. I hope you will use some of my favorite ideas on your layouts.

No comments: