Friday, February 12, 2010

F*R*I*E*N*D*S

F*R*I*E*N*D*S

My younger 2 children can be best friends or not. I decided to create a page based on the electric nature of their relationship. I started with the photos placing them in opposite directions to highlight their contradictions. They had a fun time in the photo shoot & that showed up in the pictures. I did dress them in red to represent fire, the blue of their eyes helped to represent ice.

I started by putting the bird stencil down & inking over it. Then I blasted my page with glimmer mist (be sure to dry between colors so they don't get muddy). I also misted the cricut die cut swirls I made. Stamping swirls in the corner helped to add a layered look. The chipboard swirls were covered with Ranger crackle paint, allowed to dry & inked with the matching distress ink (peeled paint). Using Ranger alcohol inks from Scrapbooksplus on acrylic letters for the word "fire" & adhered using glossy accents. The word ice was made with metal, cut & embossed, inked with alcohol ink. Yes this page was heavy on technique but it represented the theme well & let me control the colors of my embellishments. The heart is chipboard covered with model paste, dried & painted. I love the extra dimension this gives! To see the other aspects of this page, check out the Design Team Wall at the store. Remember the sky is the limit when it comes to designing!!!















No comments: