Monday, February 15, 2010

After the Fog by Esther






I actually saved this paper until I had finished creating with the others. Somehow it was hard to cut it because of the pretty silver swirls. The gray paper in the SEI group reminded me of a foggy day on the west coast. I remembered these photos taken in Los Angeles and how I had to wait until fog began to lift and the sun came out to see the views.



By shaping and layering over the light blue, it gave the illusion of the fog lifting and a blue sky appearing. That also allowed me to keep the pretty swirls. The clear sparkles give a bit of glitz. The photos were mounted on orange paper to give color throughout. The base for the layout is Bazzill gray cardstock.


The birds of paradise gave a splash of color to the neutral colored layout. Since I really wanted a big accent, I cut and painted chipboard to make the accent. Copic markers were great for the blending. ScrapbooksPlus has all of the colors in stock. Try them for a colorful project.

No comments: