Monday, November 24, 2008

Sheer Delights Make it So Simple!

One of my favorite parts of getting the DT kit each month, is digging through to see what suprise element has been included. This month I was tickled to find a piece of sheer delights from KI Memories. In the past, I have made cards that have a window or a piece of vellum in the middle, but this month I decided to try the reverse. I cut a 10"x5" rectangle and scored and folded it in the middle. I rounded the corners with a corner punch. Using a Scalloped Nestability, I cut (2) squares out of blue (front and back) and (2) squares out of white (insides). It was easy to line them up and cover up the adhesive.

"It's a Boy!" is a rub on from my stash, but it would be easy enough to print up the "new baby" details on a computer and then die cut them later.

The last detail was to punch holes through the card along the folded edge, 1/2" from the top and the bottom. Using a needle, I ran the floss through the holes and then added the beads, creating a little tassle at the end as I tied it off. It was really very simple, and I think this would also make very distinctive wedding, graduation, or birthday cards!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

What an awesome idea for a card -- I totally love it! Very beautiful & lovely!