Saturday, November 15, 2008


I LOVE SHADOW BOXES!!!!  I love these papers and when I found this shadow box with the holes in the top I knew exactly what I wanted to do!  

I started with the pieces for the box.  I cut out a bunch of shapes to layer in and play with.  I always cut out more then I actually need!  That lets you be picky when layering.  The kick to getting such deep shadows was the 1" thick pop dots that I found!  These dots are like the normal ones that we all use, but about 5 times the normal size!  By using those and normal pop dots I created 5 different layers.  It's always fun to cut things up and change their sizes so that they are perfect for your piece. 

At the top, there were two rows of holes all along the top.  I first put my laugh dowels in where I wanted them and then played with the blue swirls from inside, by adding pipe cleaners!  I love that they add whimsy to the top!  I then covered the rest of the wholes with gems!!  Everything has to have a little bling!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Leah...so very cute and even cuter in person!

Misty

Kim said...

Very cute and outside the box, I never would have thought of this.

Kathryn said...

What a very cool idea & awesome execution -- love it!

nancy said...

You rock the shadow box!!