Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hi Cupcake!

One reason I like the American Crafts paper so much is that it really is such a nice heavy weight and it is reversible! The reverse side of this pretty paper is a nice soft pink, which made it perfect for the inside of a card - no need to line it with additional paper. For some reason, the first time I saw the "Salut" paper from American Crafts this month, I thought of frosting. Maybe I just had frosting on the brain, because I was also planning my daughter's birthday party, which had a cupcake theme, and I was seeing cupcakes and frosting everywhere! Anyway, after the card was cut to size, I pulled out my Ikandee chalks and quickly filled in alternating rows with the appropriate color. I used a stamp to create the cupcake and the greeting on white cardstock. Once they were also decorated with chalk and edged with ink, I mounted them on pop dots and - voila - another simple card!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

That cupcake stamp is too cute -- who makes it? Love the chalk usage, too!

matushka said...

Whenever I see chalk... I know that it's you Susie! I wish I had your skills ... and your cupcake stamp! Too cute! :)