Sunday, November 2, 2008

October Sketch

When I saw the papers for this month, I knew I had some great shots from Cox’s Farm that would work with the paper. As I started pulling them out, I remembered that we had taken pictures years before in the exact same spots. My husband took the pictures on his SLR camera on black and white film, but they weren’t great. The lighting was harsh, causing a lot of squinting, and the details were lost without color. Despite that, I wanted to include them with our newer and better shots so we could see how much our daughter has grown and changed. I had to search through my cold storage boxes (from Stacy Julian’s organizational system), but I found them! Even though they aren’t great shots, it’s fine to use them or even showcase them. Perfect pictures are ideal, but whatever you have to support the memory is most important!

Here is my layout. The die-cut paper can easily be cut down so that you can use the hidden portion in another layout.



And here is my sketch:



Thanks for stopping by!
erin

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Very cool sketch -- love how it turned out!

Kim said...

I love how you sketch...I never sketch but I love to see how others complete their process.