Thursday, November 6, 2008

I love altered projects!!!  I found these wood letters for under $1 at Michaels last month.  I knew they were perfect.

When altering projects, I like to start by tracing and cutting out the backgrounds, making sure to layer colors and textures.  I then inked all of the wood edges.  I think next time I'll paint though.  You need to be careful with inkpads that you don't ruin the fibers when applying ink.  When the fibers are runined the ink can't get to the top and gets trapped!  

Good luck with your own projects!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks cool, Leah! What do you do with your altered projects once the season is over -- to you have some kind of storage system in place?

Anonymous said...

I keep all my holiday "stuff" in separate labeled boxes. I like the cheep plastic tote boxes that target sells for each season. I have red and green for christmas, black and orange for halloween, purple for easter, etc. When I get too much stuff I just upgrade the size of the box at the next season!