Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Snowy Day

With all the pine trees in Heidelberg, the Winter Woods (front side) paper made the perfect background.  An inner background of Snowy Window added the snow theme.  I made large photo mat the goes across both pages out of Winter Blue (back).  The left side is 7 ¾” x 9 1/8”  & and the right is  7 ¾” x 10 5/8.

 I picked out a variety of pictures that demonstrated the major activities/attractions.  I used  four  3 ½ x 5 (one vertical and the others horizontal), a  3 ½” square and a 2 x 3 ½” and arranged them in a grid on the photo mat..  I filled the space in between the pictures with pieces of Winter Woods paper.  
Since the paper had pieces of lace printed in a variety of places, I affixed lace on top of them to add dimension.  I added one long strip of turquoise ribbon near the bottom of the page from the right edge.  (The Winter Woods paper had lace here so I started here and went across the paper.)  Then I added lace on top of the ribbon.

I made a title using the Little Yellow Bicycle Chipboard Alphas.  I found them to be a little too bright for my layout so I randomly rubbed some claudine helumuth blank canvas acrylic paint across them.  After this dried, I painted them with Chandalier Glimmer Glam.  (If you don’t have this, you really should get it.  It is perfect for adding a little shimmer to anything.)  I used the “Magic” and “Winter Memories” from the Chipboard Words.  I used the same technique as on the title on these words.  I used two Cardstock Stickers to add sayings to pages. I painted these with the Chandalier Glimmer Glam as well.

Because I had so much I wanted to say, I decided to print my journaling on the Little Yellow Bicycling Journaling Cards.  To do this, using Microsoft Word, I created a text box that was the size of the journaling card with a line around the outside of the text box.  I typed my journaling and printed it on regular typing  paper.  I checked out how it fit on journaling card.  When it didn’t line up exactly as I wanted, I simply adjusted the printing.  Once I had the journaling exactly right, I affixed the journaling card to the typing paper using permanent adhesive lining it up with the lines around the text box.  On the computer, I removed the text box lines, but left everything else exactly the same and printed.  It printed exactly where the journaling card was.  It sounds complicated but really just takes a little playing with the printing to get it right.  I didn’t mess up a single journaling card!

The final embellishments were three of the Snowflake Button Dots.

1 comment:

Erica said...

love those letters!! WOW!!