Monday, February 13, 2012

Embellishments made easy

 
I hope you've had a chance to pick up your Little Yellow Bicycle papers and embellishments this month at Scrapbooks Plus.  Winter Twig is such a great line!  I blogged about using the premade embellishments that were available with this kit on Feb. 5th.  I used a combination of premade and punched embellishments on this layout.  I love the accordian folds for flowers but used them here in layers to add a border that has subtle texture with the scoring and zigzag edges.  I highlighted them by adding a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch and popped up Glimmer Misted Snowflake punches (also Martha Stewart) across the layout.  This photo was during the blizzard we had in February 2010.  I hope we aren't in for that again this year!
Below is a close up of the border.  Stop in today to get your Winter Twig!

No comments: