Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow Days

How crazy is this 60-70 degree weather we've been having lately!?  What happened to Winter?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because I love the cold weather but I do love snowflake designs of all kinds and this Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twigs paper is just perfect for wintery, snowy days!  I was able to make good use of this beautiful paper and fit 9 photos on a two page spread of my children during our brief October 29th snow storm.  Do you remember that?-- yes, snow for Halloween!  Crazy, crazy weather I tell ya! 
When you pick up this paper at Scrapbooks Plus, but sure and grab a few of the matching embellishments.  LYB has some great embellishments that you can use as is or bling up a bit if you so choose.  I've used them on all my Design Team projects this month.  I'll show you more later in the month but this layout came together so quickly because of these pre-made embellishments!
Here's a close up so you can see the fun embellishments!  The accordian flowers are already precut and prescored-- super easy- and give such great dimension to your projects.

I added another fun element to my layout with the premade embellishments- I stitched lines down from the top of my layout at various lengths placing a snowflake at the bottom to symbolize fallling snow.  I used my sewing machine but this could easily be hand stitched. As you can see this paper really inspired me to be creative with my layout.  I hope it will inspire you to do the same!

No comments: