Thursday, September 8, 2011

What to do with leftover embellishments...

Often times I have a number of leftover embellishment I'm not sure what to do with when I've finished a layout. Most of the time I use them on another layout, a card, etc. Sometimes though I just don't have enough leftover to reuse. However, I happened to stumble upon a perfect solution for reusing buttons and/or ribbon - embellishing clothes. While I can't say this was an original idea, I was happy to try it out myself. I'm sure most of us have a few plain tee shirts hanging in the closet or folded in a drawer. I'm the same way; I like having plain shirts that coordinate with everything and require no effort when I need a quick outfit. So I pulled out an $8 v neck tee from target and decided to jazz it up a bit with gray leftover Webster's Pages trim and buttons. For less than $1 I transformed an plain $8 tee shirt into a one-of-a-kind. By embellishing this tee shirt I was able to recycle and reuse embellishments I would have likely pitched because I didn't have enough to reuse. Next time you find yourself with leftover ribbon, lace, buttons, etc. pull out one of those plain tees and create your own one-of-a-kind shirt.

No comments: