Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's all about splattering!

For this month's layouts I actually designed my pages without pictures.  I don't usually do that but I was at a crop and didn't have photos, so I just decided to give it a try.  I really love the colors of the Oxford line by Basic Grey~ have to say it is some of my favorite color combinations!  I wanted to give the paper an "aged/distressed" look so I went to my new favorite technique.
My latest go to technique is paint splattering~ I think I enjoy just flinging the paint/ink around!  I use a bunch of different ways to splatter paint, but one of my favorites is to use an eyedropper- it works well for the bigger splotches. If I want smaller splotches I will dip the handle of a paint brush is the paint/ink and do it that way.  I like the aged/distressed look it gives the paper.

Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: