Sunday, July 22, 2012

Travel Memories
Kaisercraft’s Check in Collection paper is great for any travel; local, stateside, or international travel.  I used it to create this Travel Memories box for a friend of mine that is planning some international travel next year.   It will be perfect to hold those special mementos, napkins, receipts, etc. You can use any box you have available, cardboard or even cigar boxes.  Initially I sanded the box a little since it had a shiny finish; I wanted to make sure the paper and paint would stick.  I then painted all the edges of the box, inside, out, and the flaps.   I left some of the inside box show through under the paint, the inside of the box was black and I used a cream paint which gave it more of a distressed look.  Once the entire box was decorated, I used a little paint over the embellishments and also sanded them slightly. I cut paper to cover the inside, outside, and flaps of the box leaving about a ¼” exposed on all box edges (this is why I painted first, the paint on the edges gave the box a distress look).  I used lots of the stickers, die cuts, and tickets to decorate this box.  I especially loved using the 12x12 sheet of stickers which was packed with letters, words, tickets, and boarder strips.

No comments: