Saturday, July 7, 2012

Road Trip

This KaiserCraft line has great paper and ephemera for either national or international trips.  My Dad always wanted to go somewhere.  He’d drive 4 hours each way for a day trip.  This seemed the perfect opportunity to make a record of his love of road trips and those that we shared with him (even though we didn’t always like them). 

The Roam paper (red side) was used as the background.

After punching  the right side of an 11 ¼” x 8” Delayed (map side)  with an EK punch that gives you a finish like a notebook it was affixed to the bottom of the page ½” from the right edge). I affixed a boder on the left from the Check In Borders Sticker Sheet. The black bottom border also came from the Borders sticker sheet. 

I created an 8” x  5 ¾”  from Delayed (black side) and an inside mat 7 ½” x 5 1/4” from (tan side of Passport) for two horizontal  3 ½” x 4 7/8” photos.

I cut a square with message from the Tour paper. (This is the one I chose but there are other options.)   I inked it with Fired Brick Distress Ink.   

I cut the cut road trip icon from Tour paper; inked  it with Fired Brick Distress Ink and applied stickers for the city and “journey.”    Finally, I added a compass sticker. 

If you wanted to, you could add a small box above the message box with your journaling or you could use one of the boxes from the Tour, Voyager or Destination pages for journaling instead of the box with pre-printed message. 

This paper and related items offers so many possibilities.  Check it out!

No comments: