Thursday, April 5, 2012

Enjoy the Spring!

I love this paper.  I seem to say that every month but truly I love this line from Echo Park!  There are great papers for boys in the collection and really pretty girly papers.  They have a vintage feel to them but aren't what I'd term 'heritage'.  My 5 year old daughter fell in love with the papers and asked if I'd make something for her bedroom with the paper.  Here's what I came up with... a 'butterfly' house. 

I measured and carefully cut each piece to cover my unfinished wood birdhouse.  I also used my Copic markers for the parts that I could not reasonably cover with paper.  Did you know you can use Copics on wood?  They do a fabulous job of letting the wood grain show through but provide a 'stained' finish!  The transparency of Copic markers is one of their best qualities!  I used 3 markers:  RV34, YG23 and BG72.

The butterfly punch is a new 3 in one punch from EK Success.

Enjoy the Spring!!

No comments: