Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creating Cards with Echo Park Journaling Cards

The Echo Park This and That Graceful line is great for making cards.  So is the Charming line for that matter.  And you can even mix and match between the lines.  One 12” x 12” page consists of 12 journaling cards.  Simply select one of the journaling cards and make the card from one of the papers.  Decorate with some coordinating paper scraps.  Add some embellishments and presto you have a card.

I started with the “Flower Garden” journaling card.   I  put it on a piece of  Yardsticks (newsprint side) that was  slightly larger  than the journaling card on  three sides and about ¾” bigger on the bottom.  I used three of the new Bazzill flowers as embellishments.  I didn’t think they were quite right with the white centers so I replaced them with This & That Charming brads.   I used a rectangle (which I added a scallop on the top edge) of Red Floral to add a little extra to the top 2/3rds. 

I affixed all of this to a card made from a piece of  Dots for the card.   The bright dots made the inside attractive and cheery, but left no place to write.  I fixed that by using another journaling block.  After stamping it with a message in coordinating ink,   I put in on a rectangle of Red Floral with a scalloped top and bottom.  

I used a couple of flower stickers to decorate the back. 

If you like this look, you can buy a page of the journaling blocks, a pack of brads, a set of stickers, some flowers or other embellishments and a few sheets of paper and you’ll have a whole set of cards in no time. 

No comments: