Thursday, December 8, 2011

Documented

What is fussy cutting (I’m not sure this is the actual scrapbooking term!)? Fussy cutting to me is cutting out a design element from a piece of paper to use on your layout. For example, in my layout below I cut the No. 052, the banner, the title ‘documented’, as well as the bingo board circle and the ‘live every moment’ circle from other sheets of patterned paper within this collection. The great thing about ‘fussy cutting’ is it adds so many neat features to your layout without the expense of embellishments. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE embellishments, but sometimes you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for or you’re trying to keep your layout simple. I can totally relate. This month I wanted to keep my layouts simple. So, to add a bit of pizzazz to my layout I cut several elements from other sheets of paper. I’d encourage you to give fussy cutting a try, especially this month; this collection has so many great elements on each piece of patterned paper. Good luck!!

No comments: