Saturday, December 24, 2011

2012 journal


I have to say it.  I LOVE the Simple Stories paper line- well actually all their paper lines but who's counting!  They are all so versatile and easy to use.  That especially goes for the Year-O-Graphy paper line~ it works for all different layouts/themes/holidays, etc.
When I first got the paper I knew I wanted to do some sort of year in review type album- just wasn't sure how I was going to do it.  I had taken a class ages ago on repurposing old books- so it got me to thinking about recycling a book and making it into a year in review!  I decided that I wanted to go with doing a year in review for 2012- couldn't get my self organized enough to do a 2011!  /so this book is all ready for me to start working on in 2012.  This book actually was an old Martha Stewart holiday book- just took out the insides and started to create. 

 I used a variety of different types of paper.  I love to art journal so I used mixed media paper, water color paper and some cardstock.  I also added in some of the pieces of the year-o-graphy line- just used the scraps that I had laying around.  I made three different signatures to the book (you call each of the sections you sew in signatures- not sure why....) Since I used a variety of sizes and papers I decided to actually sew each signature on my sewing machine to make it easier to put together.
 I used some buttons on the binding and also used some Tim Holtz Tissue tape to help with the edges.  I did used some book tape to cover the binding and to give it some strength.  I LOVE the way the book came out and can't wait to get started it in!
Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday season!
Lisa

No comments: