Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Years Old


I made this layout using the page map that Lisa included in our kit. Sometimes page maps are just a starting point for me and after moving things around a bit I end up with something that looks very different from the original page map. This was not the case for this layout. I loved the page map and followed it pretty closely. I think the thing I loved so much about the page map is the circles. There are three on the page map; one at the top left, one at the bottom left, and one in the middle of the page on the right side. Together they make what is known in design as a Visual Triangle. This visual triangle is used to pull the whole layout together and to cause the viewer to see the design as a whole.




I used a few circles that I punched out of the Life Snippets paper. This particular paper went a long way in my projects. I used these circles on a few projects. Since I popped them off of the page by using pop dots I was able to create a finished look to the layout with just these circles, no other embellishments were needed.