Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Romantic Heritage for May DT 2-page layout




From this month's DT kit, I created my two-page layout using products from the Jenni Bowlin Tangerine Dream line of papers that comprised most of our materials in the May DT kits. Using pleating and various other techniques borrowed from the Anna Griffin Educational Program that is given monthly at Scrapbooks-Plus, I created a layout honoring my parents marriage. Even though the colors worked well with the papers, I didn't want the photos contributing to this layout being too busy. To keep the photos in harmony with the patterned papers, I hid the color pictures in the pockets on the left page, while displaying the black and white photos on the right. Using the black card stock as background and as mats, the soft hues of the blues in this paper just pop off the page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I admire all your paper pleating and paper folding -- it turned out beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Looks like all your hard work paid off nicely!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great job! I really like the way you framed the "Sweetheart" sticker with the chipboard swirls and the ribbon. It gives it so much more "weight". :)