Monday, May 5, 2008

May's Design Team Kit


The DT kits for May were ready for pick up on Thursday. This months kit is nearly all from the Jenni Bowlin line of papers. So here is where I am so far on my single page layout featuring my in-laws. Some of the papers in my kit seem a bit too bland for my style, so I glammed things up with glitter and Stickles by Ranger Inks.
This paper lends itself well to layering without a lot of bulk. I provided some contrast between my layers with the solid card stock with a glittered edge between the patterened paper to help the page pop. Still need a title, embellishment and journaling, but I think I like the look so far.
For the two page layout, I've scraplifted a bit from an Anna Griffin design used in her Educational Program (classes that I take every month at Scrapbooks Plus!). It's still very much a work in progress involving my all time favorite technique (Bunny and Pam both know I'm only kidding here!)...pleating. I'm using the accordion pleat with a box pleat in the center - which in my current layout is completely off-center so I'm redoing it. Anyway, you can check out the work so far on my blog - Sharon's Scrapbooks.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I like how you used the My Mind's Eye cradstock to create the circle frame ~ it turned out really well!