Tuesday, May 20, 2008

GROW Beautiful Blooms



The GROW Bingo card in this month's kit made a perfect photo matte and led me to the idea for my layout - kinda funny where you find inspiration, isn't it?


The metal arrow accent leads the eye to the rest of the title, which I stamped onto the die cut card. I used a mix of inks on the acrylic stamp to match the pre-printed border and flourishes on the card.

I absolutely loved the diecut paper from Creative Imaginations in this month's kit! I actually did a bit of trimming and piecing to have 3 of the pretty floral edges fit on my cardstock base (look carefully along the bottom edge and you may see my handiwork!).

The ribbon covers the cut edge of the paper and pumps up the floral theme. It also helped to transition to the bright turquoise polka dot paper...turquoise and tangerine...what a great color combination!

I needed to add more flowers, so I cut some blooms from the Jenni Bowlin papers in the kit. Leaving the tiniest white border really made them pop off the page. The chipboard flower was heat embossed to match the turquoise paper and then I added a button and a delicately detailed transparent Heidi Grace sticker for the center. One of the papers in the kit was nothing but words, tangerine in color, and since I tend to be a pretty literal person I quickly found the perfect words and trimmed them out.

The die cut background paper from Creative Imaginations provides a perfect place for journaling...I haven't decided on the details yet, but the lines will make it easy for me to keep my writing straight!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love how this turned out! Those Creative Imaginations die cuts are some of my favorite papers. I have a ton!