Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PearlEx adds Shimmer! Embossing adds Shine!

This 2 page layout of my nephew's wedding just flew together with the Jenni Bowlin papers in this month's kit. All of the papers coordinate so well! The butterflies were a perfect accent for their outdoor wedding pictures. The music printed paper with the "Love" themed lyrics provided a nice asymmetrical band...especially when it was matted on the shiny blue card stock!

I tried a new technique using my Versamark pen and some PearlEx powder. Just by dipping the tip of the pen into the powder (Super Russet/Series 1) I could actually paint the details of the butterfly. It adds the most wonderful shimmer ...and it couldn't have been easier! After it dries, it is best to seal your work with a spray acrylic, as the PearlEx will come off if touched.

Elegant silver letter stickers came in the kit . To continue that theme, I decided to heat emboss the chipboard accents in silver. After that the gray card stock was just a little too plain, so I also embossed it before using it as a matte for the title and some pictures. I really like the way the texture of the cardstock still shows after the embossing process.
I added one more touch of silver on the second page with a tiny heart-shaped brad to hold the transparency frame in place.

The final touch was a journaling tag. I mounted the photo on the first page with pop dots so it would be easier to slide the tag in and out. The striped ribbon pull was attached with a brad. I cut some flowers from the print paper and used them to dress up the tag a little bit. The journaling stamp is from Autumn Leaves.

Ooops! I almost forgot to mention the Heidi Grace transparent sticker - this kit was packed with lots of accent pieces! "My True Love" was the perfect sentiment for the focal picture and it showed up so well with the white of the bride's gown as the background.




2 comments:

Kathryn said...

The layout turned out beautifully! They looks so happy and I love all the shine you added to the page.

SharonVM said...

I hadn't noticed the shimmer on the butterflies when I was at the store, but I loved the layout. I have never tried PearlEx, but I will for sure now. I really like the pearl effect on those butterflies!