Thursday, March 27, 2008

late entry with daisy bucket papers


Better late than never, I'm hoping, with posting my layout from last month's tryout kit. Although the challenge is a little different for me, since I've been using what's left after assembling the Design Team kits, it is just as much fun to pull together. The papers from Daisy Bucket are familiar to you, but with fewer embellishments left, I needed to make some of my own. So I played with the blue vellum alphabet letters to compensate, matting them, doodling with white pen, and threading embroidery knots here and there. In addition to the paper photo corners, each photo has half of the blue My Mind's Eye transparency, also cut with a scalloped edge. Now that scallops are back in vogue, I used my scalloped scissors a lot on this layout to complement the swirly designs on the patterned paper.


As you can see, the journaling strips across the center span are cut in half. In order to read the words properly, these two pages would need their plastic album sleeves stapled together, a device that can be used to bring other components together when needed. Oh, and the stellar red netting gathered to foof up the "Love You" circle in the center is snipped from the avocado net bag from Costco. By the way, if you wish to see the details up close, just click on the photo to enlarge it.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I love the way you have the journaling across the two pages. Of course, I also love the scallops...and even the net bag from Costco! The whole layout is so girl-y!

I still have the remnants of both my kits and have been thinking about trying to "finish them off"...

Kathryn said...

I had "retired" my scalloped-edge scissors to the top of shelf of my scrp closet (where all my "vintage" supplies go) and had to go and dig them up again. Thank goodness I never throw anything out, or I would have had to go buy another set!

Kim said...

I love the scallops, in fact last night I stole Katie's for a little scallop action on my page!