Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's all about the visual triangle ...

... and by "all" I mean my drama with this particular layout:



At first the layout's problem was that it was overly simple. (Read: b-o-r-i-n-g.) It seemed very pale and washed out. I didn't take a picture of it during that stage because I didn't want to embarrass it in front of all the other layouts. I added the turquoise felt embellishments by Fancy Pants, but I felt that it needed one more piece of felt to make a visual triangle. I couldn't figure out where to put it, though, so I just gave up. (I know, I know, I'm a terrible design team member, but it just didn't look good anywhere. I promise.)

Anyway, Kim (Bartram) and I were cropping at ScrapbooksPlus on Wednesday (we do this most Wednesdays that they don't have classes) and Pam was looking at our projects. Which was fine. Until she brought up the two felt pieces and the lack of visual triangle. Sigh. It can't be avoided any longer. I must find a place to put a third piece of felt. I will not rest until I have a visual triangle!

First I put the felt here:



But I really didn't like it there, so I moved it here:



Which still didn't look right, so I pushed it around until it ended up here:



There! I think that's the winner. Whew. Thank goodness that's finally settled. Now if I could just get the monkeys to be a little more helpful ....



... unfortunately, they make more of mess than anything else! I'd love to stick around and show you some sneak peeks of my mini book, but I have some furry friends to untangle.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Katie, great job on the layout. I definitely think you should share your mini, it turned out great!

Lisa H said...

Great job! Love your lo! And everyone has to have some monkeys around- it's just mine are the 3 boys that live in my house!

nancy said...

Lovely job! Those monkeys are quite cute.

Anonymous said...

It was worth the effort! You made me think about the "triangle" on one of my layouts...it helped me find the correct balance. Thanks!