Thursday, December 13, 2012

Where do you keep your holiday receipts?

Where do you keep your holiday receipts?  Are some here, some there, some no where to be found?  The latter is typically what happens to me if I'm not organized.  I made this fun folder to keep my holiday receipts in this year just in case of return or worse yet, malfunction, of a Christmas gift.  A stylish way to ensure I keep my receipts in one handy place!
The folder itself is from Heidi Swapp.  These are sold at the store in a pack of 3.  This is the medium sized one.  I really liked the bracket type look to the folders and simply covered them with our Kaiser Craft papers.  Then I added two places for receipts- one on either side of the folder.
These were constructed by using premade square envelopes.  I cut off the closure flap and glued them together.  I used Kaiser Craft papers to create the exterior of my envelopes, making accordian edges on the sides to cover my envelopes.  Before gluing down the side shown above, I added a ribbon to use as a tie closure to keep my folder in tact.  I also created tabs so I could add labels to further organize my receipts.  The exterior (shown in the first photo above) is covered with coordinating Kaiser Craft cardstock embellishments. I inked them and popped the front flower up to give it some dimension and interest.  Then I tied a pretty bow and I am all set to start organizing my receipts once I do some holiday shopping!

No comments: