Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow Angels



I was inspired to scrap a few photos of my then very young daughter making snow angels with her Daddy (just before the big blizzard a few years ago) by these great papers from Kaiser Craft as well as the pretty snowflake embellishments.  I put together a simple layout that uses just a few colors so my pictures wouldn't be lost on the pages.  I further enhanced the Kaiser Craft embellishments with a sparkle, ink on the edges and spritzed white paint.  I also used the backside of a few of the embellishments from the pack-- the bracket under the photo on the left page and the journaling tag.  The creamy color matched my snowflakes and the reverse had Christmas sayings which didn't really work for my layout.  I always try to look at my embellishments in different ways- sometimes the backside is the best side!

I cut the other snowflakes on my Cricut and using a border punch from a grey blue cardstock-- then spritzed them with white paint and added more sparkles.  The white paint I spritzed was Studio Calico's Mister Huey.  It is nice and thick and opaque.  It looks like snow.  I had fun spraying and thought it looked like a snowball hitting a window before it melts.  So fun!
 As I am typing this we are having a very unusual 60+ degree day here in Northern Virginia.  With so little snow last year, I actually am looking forward to a bit of snow this year.  As in these pictures, a few inches suits me just fine-- within a few weeks of these pictures we received several consecutive storms with several feet at a time, accumulating to over 4 feet at once!  I do hope we don't repeat this year or any time soon!  Happy Winter!

No comments: