Sunday, September 16, 2012


Remember All the Good Times
I am a fond believer you can never have too many books.   I love all of My Mind’s Eye line; but in particular the “Petit Journal paper” was perfect for the cover of this book.  With all of the My Mind’s Eye line you find all the extra embellishments; which I put to good use in decorating the front and inside of my “Remember All the Good Times” journal.   I used the coordinating stickers, chipboard and titles to add fun embellishments to my book.  I did some pages single, other pages I adhered paper together to make for a stronger page.  I also used the basic grey flower on top of one of the wooded buttons for more of a pop look.  This paper is so great for girls or boys.  This fun book is for ME!  It includes pictures my great niece and pictures she drew for me, along with cards she sent me.  I plan to give the book to her eventually, but I will enjoy finishing it and keeping it around for a few years.  She will love it once it becomes hers; I know this since she loves all the books I give her.   I used the “Cinch” to bind the book with the “Cinch” coils.  Use the usual ribbons and trim for the spine, love those ribbons you can’t have too many.  A book is a great way to hold a child’s favorite cards to you, drawings, and notes they give you instead of keeping them in a closed drawer or box somewhere.  Give this book a try, it is easy to make and will bring a smile to your face every time you see it!

No comments: