Monday, September 24, 2012

Beauty

If you haven’t purchased the My Mind's Eye, The Sweetest Thing, Bluebell Collection you should immediately!! I LOVE the various shades of blue and yellow in this collection, as well as all of the designs showcased throughout these fabulous patterned papers. Also a huge plus – these papers are totally gender neutral, in fact, I used the same papers to scrapbook a picture of myself and my husband...talk about versatility!! ;)


I think the two elements I love most about this layout are the chevron pattern and the punched border. Chevron patterns have become quite popular recently; it seems every collection now has at least one patterned paper featuring this pattern. And why shouldn’t they? It adds a fun, easy, and cheap detail to any layout. What I like about the chevron pattern is it’s a quick way to tie a two page layout together. Sometimes, with all of the patterned papers two pages side-by-side may look like they don’t go together at all, but by taking a few minutes to cut out a chevron pattern you can easily use half of the pattern on one page and half on the second page. By carrying over the same pattern on both pages, you now have a design element that matches and ties your two page layout together.


The second element I love most on this page is the punched border. I’ve found that border punches help focus your layout especially when you have a number of busy patterned papers or embellishments on your page. What’s awesome about the Martha Stewart border punches is that the punch is actually designed to cut both the corner and straight edges so that you have a perfect border. These punches are extremely easy to use and relatively inexpensive.

 Paper
MME, The Sweetest Thing – bluebell

Embellishments
MME, The Sweetest Thing – layered sticker, enamel dots
Prima, Petaloo & Recollections – flowers
Celebrate It – lace & pearls
Basic Grey - letters

I hope you’re feeling inspired! Thanks for looking.
Erica 

No comments: