Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Purse Gift Card Holder

The Forever Young Cricut cartridge has lots of purses that you can make;  actual 3-D purses.  I had been wondering for a while what you’d do with them.  When my niece, who loves purses, was celebrating her birthday, it hit me that they could make cute gift card or money holders. 
I discovered they are easy to make.   In fact, once I thought of it I’ve made two. 

For the first one, I cut a purse (5 ¼” ) from Bright Blossom paper.  You simply fold it on the lines and glue together.  The paper I was using was not heavy so I cut a 2nd identical one out of plain cardstock and cut the handles off and glued inside the handles of the purse.  Using the thick white thread sold at ScrapbooksPlus and some adhesive, I wrapped the handles with yarn.  This takes awhile.  I glued a magnet under the edge of the purse flap and on the outside of the purse to hold it closed.  (The purse comes with a cutout to insert the flap, so the magnet is not necessary but I thought it would hold better.

Using Tim Holtz chain I affixed two labels (cut with the Sizzles Scallop Tags die) after stamping “Happy” on one and “Birthday” on the other.  I added a Tim Holtz Bauble.  On the other side I affixed Two Tim Holtz letter charms. I did “X” & “O.” 

The second purse is almost the same, except I cut a second purse out of cardstock that had texture and cut out the handles and the flap.  By gluing these on top of the purse, they look like leather trim  I added similar embellishments. 


These are really cute and you have lots of choices.  Check them out.  How much cuter to give a gift card in a little purse!

No comments: