Friday, September 14, 2012

Le Petit Journal


As soon as I saw this paper, I knew I wanted to do something with the Remember Journal paper to document some of my French experiences.  The paper had lots of blocks with decorations and space for journaling.  So I created a layout with pictures and stories that individually would not fill up a whole layout.

  I started  with the Remember Journal paper for my left page background.  Using a 2nd piece of the paper, I cut out the “Le Petit Journal” emblem and a row of the boxes from the right side.  I affixed the emblem with pop dots  directly over the one on the  background (after inking it).  I used the block of boxes for the right edge on top of  a piece of Playful Mischief.  I added a horizontal strip of Playful Mischief on the left and a narrow vertical strip from the Playful Lively page on the left. 

With the background complete, I added a few pictures and lots of journaling and then went crazy adding embellishments.  I used Playful Layered Stickers, Bright Chipboard, Everyday Decorative Brads, Smile Stickers and Playful Label Stickers.  The final touch was a couple of Tim Holtz Word keys with twine tied through them. 

Although this fit well with my French pictures, it would work well for any situation where you want to tell a story.  If you don’t want Le Petit Journal put a block of paper over it and put a picture, journaling or some other embellishment. 



No comments: