Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Little Glitz, A Little Glamour and Presto A Lovely Book

I never make books, but this month’s Basic Grey Plumeria papers and embellishments seemed perfect to fill a little book.  So I made one.  I think it would make a great gift to thank someone for their involvement in a special day, such as bridesmaids.  This paper reminds me of weddings while avoiding the usual white and silver.

I started with a BoBunny Chipboard book.  I simply glued coordinating papers to the back and front of each chipboard page with a glue stick and a brayer.  (Okay, I first decided what color and embellishments would go on the front and the ¾” of each odd page that showed.  Because so little of each page would show, I was able to use some pages that didn’t seem to go together.   For example, I loved  Moonstone and Budding Lavender, but with the orange  they didn’t seem  to go with the cover’s grape color.   But by using turquoise on the ¾” that showed and only using the orange on the parts of the page that didn’t, I was able to use Moonstone and Budding Lavender.) 

Then I decorated each page with ribbons, lace, buttons, chipboard, rhinestones, and other embellishments.  As I was working on the pages, I thought this is my favorite page and then I’d complete another one and it was my favorite page. 

I used a variety of punches to cut photo mats and accents.  I used a scalloped circle punch, a circle punch a Martha Stewart punch around page, a Sizzix library die, a Tim Holtz Mini Labels die, a Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Flourish die, and a Tim Holtz On the Edge Brackets die.

For my embellishments (and I used lots) I started with the letters and chipboard designs from the Basic Grey Plumeria line   I especially loved the stamps and butterflies.  For one butterfly, I created antennas by using stickpins with gold pearl hearts on top.  (The set of stickpins includes white hearts and gold and white orb shapes.)   I used lots of rhinestones and pearls from BoBunny French Market Collection.  On the cover, I used them to add a little glitz as accents on the flowers.   Two of the KaiserCraft wooden doilies added nice touch.  I used lace and six different ribbons available at ScrapbooksPlus.   I also used Tim Holtz Hangar Clips, Bazzill Flowers, and Bazzill Jewels. Elements buttons are used on a few pages.   I really did just start with the background and then piled on the fun embellishments.


When all pages were complete, I punched holes through the paper  (the book comes with holes in the chipboard) and put the book together with ivory rings and tied lots of ribbons on them.  

If you want to copy my book, the store staff can help you locate the items you need.  Most will be displayed in the back of the store near the Design Team Wall.  While there, you can take a really close look at the book.  I liked doing this so much I think you’ll see more books from me in the future.


1 comment:

Erica said...

Lovely!! What a wonderful gift this would be...