Saturday, May 26, 2012

Art Journaling with Basic Grey Plumeria

For my altered item this month I decided to play around with Art Journaling.  I have been taking Karen Bearse's Art Journal classes at Scrapbooks-Plus.  It was a blast playing with all the new techniques and supplies I have gathered up since taking her classes! The Basic Grey Plumeria line lent itself nicely for this project.  I used my tearing ruler to create pockets on the front cover to hold tags.  I can't wait to fill them up with all sorts of stories!
By using stamps, paints. inks, and some great tools, you too can create fun pages like this!
I played around with some overlays, Glimmer Mist sprays, inks and die cuts from Spellbinders and LOVE how this page turned out!!  It is definitely my favorite!  I have found that Art Journaling is not about being precise and perfect, but about being unique so that each page can help tell your story.  Scrapbooks-Plus has some wonderful product to help you create your own Art Journal using the Basic Grey Plumeria collection.

No comments: